Diaphragm walls (Slurry walls) Cutter teeth Case study (PDD in Singapore)
Updated: Dec 29, 2020
Project name : Punggol Digital District
Singapore's most highly anticipated smart district ( https://estates.jtc.gov.sg/pdd )
Location : Northeast, Singapore
Type : Business Park / Residences / Market Village / Heritage Trail / Campus and Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
Site Area : 50 hectares
Foundation engineering methods : Diaphragm walls
Choose Diaphragm walls Equipment type : BC-40
Log of Boring
Our goal is Depth 38m !!
1. Bed rock is Granodiorite
2. CR9 (UCS = 43.86 MPa)
3. CR12 (PLT = 3.6, UCS=23.48 ~ 28.24 MPa)
4. CR13 (PLT = 4.56, UCS=34.16 ~ 80.19 Mpa)
5. CR14 (UCS = 55.76 ~ 94.05 Mpa)
Choose Trench Cutter type for Successful work
Usually there are two(2) option. RSC type or SB type. Our choice is SB type.
Our choice is that Standard Trench Cutting wheel.
1. For existing products, if the UCS value exceeds 50 Mpa, the cutter teeth is easily worn or brittle.
2. We supply various grades of cutter teeth according to the characteristics of the geological so that even if the UCS value is 70~80 Mpa, our cutter teeth is not easily broken or worn easily.
3. Better cutting efficiency than RSC. Various disadvantages that arise when using RSC can be avoided.
Conclusion : Diaphragm walls has been installed successfully (2020)
Advanced SB-38 JMK
Compare with existing SB-38 JM product line, the cutter teeth show extraordinary performance. If you use our SB-38 JMK products, you don't have to use RSC anymore (under UCS value 80 Mpa, needs to consult with our sales team for site geological condition).